Artists, designers, illustrators and animators from around the world are invited to create one-of-a-kind static and motion artwork for Halloweeninspired by the latest key imagery, trailers, the iconic mask and the lead character of Michael as presented in Halloween (2018).
Whether it’s an illustration, a digital painting, an animated GIF or even an alternative poster design, the celebrity judge is looking for captivating and imaginative artwork to help drive promotion and excitement socially across the film’s marketing and digital channels. Artists are encouraged to check out the Halloween trailer below for additional inspiration. Feel free to also include your favorite tagline from the film!
Five (5) pieces of art will be selected by a team of judges from Universal Pictures! The Selected Artists will receive $2,000 for each piece selected. Artwork will potentially be featured across the film’s marketing campaign, including social accounts, print materials and merchandise. An additional fifteen (15) pieces will be selected as Finalists and receive $200 each. Finalists may have their work used in official Halloween events, activations, digital and pop-up galleries with credit given.
Universal Pictures, Trancas International Films, Blumhouse Productions and Miramax will release Halloween in U.S. theaters on Friday, October 19, 2018.
Five (5) pieces of artwork will be selected by a team of judges from Universal Pictures. A minimum of one (1) will be motion artwork. The Selected Artists will each:
- Potentially have their artwork featured inHalloween‘s marketing campaign leading up to the release of the film
- Potentially receive exposure for their work across Halloween’s digital and marketing channels
- Receive $2,000 for each piece selected
- This opportunity is open globally to those who are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of primary residence at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law.
- Multiple submissions (up to 10) and artist teams are allowed.
- Please note, that during the Submission Period, submissions may be featured on Halloween‘s social media channels with credit given to the artist.
- Artists should retain their original artwork files but designs must be submitted in JPEG, PNG, or GIF max size 10MB.
- All submissions must be original artwork (meaning not using third party pre-existing copyright and/or stock materials). Please, no photography or video.
- Artists may depict the likeness of the characters of Halloween and may include Halloween title treatment logo in their artwork. All rights in and to the characters and title treatment logo are reserved by Universal Pictures.
- The Selected Artists will be required to assign the copyright to their work to Universal Pictures in exchange for the incentives set forth above. The Selected Artists will have to sign a Copyright Assignment Form.
- Artists not selected retain ownership in the original portions of their work (excluding Universal Pictures’ intellectual property incorporated therein). However, by submitting non-selected artists hereby grant to Universal Pictures a worldwide, limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free license for one year to use their submitted work across their various social media channels and online platforms in association with the film Halloween. If used, all non-selected artists will be credited accordingly.
- Finalists retain ownership in the original portions of their work (excluding Universal Pictures’ intellectual property incorporated therein). However, Universal Pictures has marketing rights (global, unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free license) to use all Finalist submissions at events, activations and pop-up galleries and, across Universal Pictures’ social media channels and online platforms for 1 year. If used, Finalists will be credited accordingly.
- The Selected Artists may be asked to modify their design to fit production requirements.
- Please note that submissions can be used by the artist for personal, non-commercial and portfolio use only.
- Artists must join Talenthouse using an active email address in order to ensure they can be contacted should they be selected.
- Selected Artists and Finalists must respond to Talenthouse within two (2) days of receiving the notification email or else will forfeit all incentives.
- Talenthouse reserves the right to remove inappropriate, offensive and harmful submissions as well as submissions that do not fit the brief and follow these guidelines or Official Rules.
- No purchase necessary to enter or be selected.
Selection Period Starts: September 25, 2018 at 10:00 AM
Announcement of the Selected Artists: October 3, 2018