San Jose, Calif. – April 7, 2022 – SiliCon with Adam Savage, Silicon Valley’s largest Comic Con and Maker Con, has announced it is returning to the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, August 27-28, 2022. The 7th annual show brings together the best of pop culture, tech, science, makers, artists, cosplay, gaming, comic creators, authors and more. The theme for 2022 is “Creating the Improbable.”
Hosted by Creative Director Adam Savage, the two-day event is a family-friendly technology and culture fan extravaganza that will inspire and entertain with celebrity appearances, science/tech discussions, film and TV screenings, maker workshops, panels with award-winning authors and artists, adult and kids cosplay contests and more. Tickets, photo and autograph opportunities are now available for purchase at www.siliconsj.com.
“We are a show unlike any other. Our fans not only have the opportunity to meet their favorite authors, artists and celebrities, but they can also contribute to the creative process through making – and SiliCon 2022 will provide many hands-on making experiences this year,” said Adam Savage, SiliCon 2022 co-producer and renowned maker, special effects designer and fabricator, actor, educator, and television personality/producer, including host of Tested and former co-host of Discovery Channel’s Mythbusters series. “SiliCon is truly a giant, blank canvas that every attendee can draw on, and it is why our theme this year is creating the improbable. We are also proud to offer three virtual workshops with well-known makers, so make sure to check out the details on the website!”
The three maker workshops are:
- Foamsmithing a foam fantasy helmet with Bill Doran, Saturday, May 14
- Building a cyberpunk headset with Sophy Wong, Saturday, May 21
- Making Dragon Horns with Beverly Downen, Saturday, June 11
More details about times, material boxes and log-in details can be found here: www.siliconsj.com/virtual-workshops
SiliCon with Adam Savage 2022 will be allowed full capacity, will embrace its maker-DNA with a large show floor Maker Space and will host numerous Maker Sessions, including:
- Cosplay Crafting: 3D printing, prop-making, fabrication and kit-bashing
- Maker challenges and prizes
- Celebrity interactions
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and interact with a strong lineup of featured guests, luminaries and celebrities at SiliCon with Adam Savage. Featured guests and conference highlights include:
- Christopher Lloyd
- George Takei
- Alan Ritchson from Amazon’s original hit series Reacher
Science and Technology
- Astronauts and Engineers from the NASA Artemis Mission will be sharing information about the Artemis Missions and human space flight beyond Low Earth Orbit.
- The Tech Museum will have a making activity at the show designed to inspire the next generation of problem solvers.
- Frank Pillar from Frankly Built, known for his incredible Iron Man suits
- Beverly Downen of Downen Creative Studios
- Sophie Wong, a maker and the author of Wearable Tech Products
- Bill Doran of Punished Props
Authors and Comic Book Artists
- Author of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” Gary Whitta, will return to SiliCon with Adam Savage
- Steven E. Gordon is a renowned comic book artist and art director. Best Known For: X-Men: Evolution, Cool World, Fire & Ice
Also having a presence this year at SiliCon will be Amazon Prime Video’s critically acclaimed The Expanse, produced by Alcon Television Group, and one of the most important Sci-Fi shows ever made. SiliCon 2022 is delighted to feature showrunner Naren Shankar, who will be joined by writers/producers Ty Franck, Daniel Abraham, and Dan Nowak, Director Breck Eisner, and members of the incredible cast to celebrate and share highlights of The Expanse’s run over the past seven years.
Check the website for further updates and ticket purchases: www.SiliConSJ.com